Being Married = Being Single

Monday, June 21, 2010


Don’t get ideas reading that, there will be some people who might be thinking I have lost it completely. But for me this is the truth.

Now, let’s ponder, I have been married for quite some time now, but I never have gotten this feeling that I am married apart from the hefty monthly allowance I get from Rahul or the ever flowing stream of gifts and love notes, and of course the credit card bill payments (I know girls it sounds too sweet to be true but it is.) Well what can I say some people are born lucky!!

Okay now coming back to where we were, I was married to Rahul a year back before which I was sharing a flat with a couple of friends, the only major difference that has occurred since my marriage is that now I have a new roomie.

There have been times when people ask me my full name and I blurt out Snehil Dixit but the truth is now my name is “Snehil Dixit Mehra” I know it sounds cheesy but what can I do I never wanted to let go of my maiden surname. I have been known as Snehil Dixit for past 25 years and suddenly people expect me to be called Snehil Mehra, which is not acceptable Sorry…

Rahul on the other hand is very chilled out as a husband; first of all he understands that I need a lot of space so he bears with me and how. I love shopping, he loves paying the bill, I love reading he loves sports, I love partying he loves sitting at home, I love getting sloshed he loves driving me home, I am a naughty kid and he is a decent boy. In a nutshell, we both are bang opposite and I trust me opposites do attract.



I am single in my head, which is because of many reasons, first of all Rahul doesn’t do emotional attyachar on me, nor does his mother. I can go out whenever I wish and I can do whatever I want. At the same time I have this awesome understanding with Rahul, we know how to balance our personal space and couple space. I love him for being such an awesome guy.
I have a very dear friend, Jo (don’t confuse her with Jojo). Jo is like a super cool friend we watch chick-flicks together, we gym together (which happens rarely though), we shop together and have loads of fun. Jo is single and that explains how she manages to give me so much of time. This thought just crossed my mind what if she was seeing someone, then she wouldn’t have so much of time to spare, right! But look at it this way I am not single still I give her a lot of time that is because my partner is super chilled out. And I have a rocking life.
I don't have any liabilities, i don't have to cook ever because we have our beloved Sheela Tai who is our very own "Ramu Kaka", i don't have to take care of any investments or monetary issues they are taken care by Rahul himself, and regarding household expenses I don't have to bother at all as my Sasu Mom takes care of all that. So all that I have to do in a day is to get ready, go to work, chill in the evenings with friends, go home do facebooking, eat food and go to sleep. Isn't it all one needs!!
Thus, "Being Married=Being Single"
Hence Proved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Infinityskins