Black Berry Addiction

Monday, September 6, 2010

Ever noticed people using their Blackberry’s in the middle of a meeting, the way they keep typing and glancing at there BB as if it was God? Well, I do the same and I would like to share why do we do so even when it’s extremely irritating for others.

The deal with BB is earlier BB was a status symbol and only people who were like the CEO’s or in our field big-ass Producers were the ones who possessed a BB.But now things have changed. I am so shit angry with BB manufacturers because last year in August – September (2009) they launched there cheapest model “Curve” and that changed the face of BB in India. I was one of the first people to buy and flaunt the BB. But my reason of buying a BB was completely different I wanted a phone where I could send and receive mails and send attachments at the same time, also because I threw my earlier phone Nokia E71 in a toilet (accidentally, it is again a funny story I will share later).


I simply loved the whole idea of using a BB and I can’t even tell you how happy it made me when for the first time I sent a mail to my senior Creative Director with that little line at the end saying “SENT ON MY BLACKBERRY FOR VODAFONE”

Oh!! it was divine, I anyways am a show-off and now I had a BB so things were great, I had only seen my ‘extreme senior’ people using it and read about BB users in all the Chick-lit books of mine but the joy of having one was beyond words can express. But soon the bloody phone got popular and the next person to by it in my office was my immediate Boss (no points for guessing the same person I sent the first BB mail to). Curve became so common that now every Tom-Dick & Harry has a BB and owning one is not such a big deal at all.

Blackberry is a business phone essentially but now even college students, actors, models, shopkeepers, even housewives possess a BB. I am so disappointed. The only way I can still be a BB user and don’t lose the class is upgrade myself from a Curve to a Bold or Bold 2, which I am seriously looking forward to, for now I keep changing my phone covers. I have different type of phone covers as you can see in the pictures but right now my favorite is the “Diamonte” cover which I specially went to Bandra(I rarely go to bandra as my office is at Goregoun and I stay at Juhu, also now I don’t by road side stuff from Linking Road ), picked it up for 900 bucks. I am so proud of it. I loooooooove it. This clearly shows I am a BLINGOHOLIC and proud to be one.

I wish to buy upgraded BB soon...

--
Sneh

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Infinityskins